Cockermouth School and Community Association
CSCA is a Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
Who Are We?
We are a Registered Charity composed mainly of parents and carers who fundraise for the benefit of our students as well as to seek to build effective relationships within the school and outside of the school community. All parents and carers are automatically part of the CSCA and can join in with our meetings, events and many opportunities to support our school.
What We Do!
We seek to carry out a modest range of very effective fundraising activities which comprise:
- An annual spring raffle and smaller ongoing raffles at school events
- A stall at the Cockermouth Christmas Lights Switch On community event
- Sale of refreshments at school events
- Operation of a 100 Club which costs parents £1 per month (£12 per annum) which offers prizes drawn each month.
- New this year: Rotary’s Tiger Boat Race which may become an annual event for us
- Online shopping via Easyfundraising.org.uk
We support our school staff with refreshments at parent’s evenings and also raise money with provision of refreshments for parents, carers and children at a range of parent’s evenings, school productions and other events in school and in the community.
Who Benefits and How?
Students are the sole beneficiaries of CSCA grants!
School Departments or Student Clubs and Societies have in the past benefitted from modest grants of about £250 towards eligible items that the school is not able to fund.
Most students at some stage have benefited but just a few examples of what we have supported include:
Mouth FM Radio Station a microphone
Art Dept recording visualiser, comic drawing licence, etc
Geography Dept Digi Map Subscription, GeoWatch equipment
PE Dept outdoor PA system
History Dept membership of the Historical Association
Music Dept digital recorders, speakers, etc
In the past we have supported Rock Challenge, school performances, STEM (science) projects and many others. We have donated £5,000 towards the cost of a new minibus and £5,000 towards the cost of site security.
Our Current Aims:
For 2018/19 we aim to listen to the needs of students and staff and build a focus for our fundraising so please do watch this space and join in!
How Can You Get Involved?
In any or all of these ways:
- Join our 100 Club and pay £12 per month with a chance to win on a monthly basis.
- Join CSCA meetings where we warmly invite you to come along. You will find the dates on the school calendar. There are 5 meetings a year and plenty of opportunity to hear news from school through our head teacher, student leaders, staff, community representatives, and also to partake in events.
- Join CSCA Parent Helpers to support school events, even once or twice a year is really helpful and lots of fun.
- Buy some raffle tickets or refreshments when attending events, it all makes a difference!
Do not hesitate to contact us about any of the information and if you would like to join in with any of the events, meetings or signing up for the monthly draw.
100 Club: Sue Moses firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings: Lynn Grahamreception@cockermouthschool.org
Parent Helpers: Kate Paterson email@example.com
Dates for 2018/19 CSCA Meetings:
Monday 17 September 2018 at 19:00 - Eco Centre Seminar Room
Monday 12 November 2018 at 19:00 – Eco Centre Seminar Room
Monday 14 January 2019 at 19:00 - Room 1 in the SRP
Monday 18 March 2019 at 19:00 - Room 1 in the SRP
Monday 3 June 2019 at 19:00 - Room 1 in the SRP