DfE Guidance on GCSEs from 2017 onwards
Click here to download a copy of the DfE Guidance for parents.
Click here to download a copy of the DfE Guidance for employers, colleges and universities.
Exam Results Days 2019
A Level Results Day is 15 August 2019
Year 11 GCSE Results Day is 22 August 2019
Cockermouth School Exam Results 2018
- 27 students achieved A* or A grades in all of their subjects
- 34% of students heading for higher education are taking up places at a Russell Group or one of the top 20 universities
- The average A Level grade was a B
- 64% of grades were A*-B, our highest ever
- Our Alps T score of 2 places us in the top 10% of schools in the country for progress for the second consecutive year
- Retention during year 13 was 94%
- In 2018 71% of year 13 students went to university with 12% moving on to apprenticeships, 5% continuing with further education, 3% gained employment and the remaining 9% taking a gap year
- The progress 8 score is +0.20
- The attainment 8 score is 51.9
- The percentage of students achieving a standard pass (grade 4) or better in both English and maths during Key Stage 4 was 70%
- The percentage of students achieving a strong pass (grade 5) or better in English and maths during Key Stage 4 was 54%
- The percentage of students entered for the English Baccalaureate was 52% with average points score of 4.76
These outstanding results are clear evidence of the further progress that Cockermouth School is making and testament to the hard work of students, the sustained dedication of staff the strong partnership we have with parents.
The success of our students reflects the high aspirations we engender in them, reinforced with high levels of effort and support, and we are proud of the achievements of all our students, whether they are moving on to Sixth Form, College, apprenticeships, university or employment.
Dr Rob Petrie, Headteacher, said “As a truly comprehensive school, these results are a phenomenal achievement by students and staff at Cockermouth School. We are delighted that a huge range of subjects delivered exceptional performances, with a number achieving results that would be in the top 10% of schools in the country. We are very proud of the breadth of the curriculum we offer at Cockermouth School and are thrilled at the strong performances in the arts, sciences, English, mathematics, humanities and languages, amongst others. These results again prove that with excellent teaching from specialist staff and great support from parents, along with their own hard work and positive attitude, students really can achieve anything at Cockermouth School.”
Mr Rik Smith, Assistant Headteacher, said ‘I am extremely proud of our Year 11 students; this excellent set of results is down to their sheer hard work and the phenomenal support from school staff and students’ parents. Our students are now suitably equipped to confidently go on to the most appropriate route to achieve the best outcomes for their futures.’
Mr Duncan Murray, Director of Sixth Form, said ‘I am particularly delighted that so many of our students achieved great success and met their high aspirations. At Cockermouth School, we are proud to be able to equip students so well for such a wide variety of future learning and employment opportunities, whether they choose to attend university, apprenticeships or further education and training. Our focus is on ensuring that each individual has the best information and support possible to prepare them for their future beyond Cockermouth School.’